Monday, November 21, 2011

Neutrogena Anti-buildup shampoo: how well does it work?

If I'm looking for a shampoo to remove residue is the Neutrogena one very effective? If not what shampoo would you recommend and why? How long have you been using this product too. I get build-up since I have thick hair and from my shampoo for the most part. However, switching shampoo doesn't seem to help. Plus I use products too. If it (the clarifying shampoo) does work what are the downsides to it? I hear it can dry your hair and is expensive: but most good things are expensive. How often to you use your product too. I don't wash my hair every day as it is since it drys my hair out etc.Neutrogena Anti-buildup shampoo: how well does it work?
I use it once a week and have been for 10+ years. It works well for me!Neutrogena Anti-buildup shampoo: how well does it work?
Ya thanks I've been using Neutrogena for a while now and it works wonders! I use it every few days when my hair gets signs up build-up. Report Abuse

I'd also like to add that the baking soda method actually seems to be even more effective than Neutrogena. However, I don't trust something as harsh and drying as that in my hair very often. Report Abuse

Once when I had a lot of build-up a I used a combination of the two and it worked super wonders! Thanks a ton all of you! Report Abuse

DOnt go out and buy some clarifying shampoo-use your normal shampoo, but add 1/8 tsp baking soda to it. This is a kelator and will strip any build up on the hair. Do this once a week but always follow up with a really good conditioner.
Clarifying shampoos do strip your hair. Use the baking soda idea someone else mentioned. That does work.


Here is another tip. I used to have dry hair form highlights and styling, but by hair is MUCH healthier these days. I started to use shampoos WITHOUT the ';sulfates'; in them. These are the salts in most shampoo that strip your hair if essential oils needed within the cuticle for healthy hair. Pearatin by Loma is excellent. I don't know why more advertisement for sulfate free shampoos aren't out there. My hairstylist literally saved my hair by suggesting this to me. Now I get it highlighted and styled without fear. My hair is soft and shiny. (it used to be dull and dry)
Let me tell you something- it only works because it is a different shampoo. If you use ANY different shampoo, it will work the same way- because it is different than what you normally use.





However, Neutrogenea is reasonably priced, so you might as well.
  • beauty makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment