Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Am I really not supposed to wash my dogs with my shampoo?

I just posted a question and someone told me that I'm not supposed to


well I wasn't going it to hurt them I just like how my shampoo smelled and thought they'd like to smell pretty like me


but if I can't wash them with my shampoo can I wash them with organic shampoo or does it have to be doggie shampooAm I really not supposed to wash my dogs with my shampoo?
I use what ever shampoo i have sitting in the bathtub at the time. I dont think Charlie, my dog cares one way or the other. I am just careful not to get it in his eyes and I rinse completely. He does seems to like the Bodycology brand from Walmart. Coconut Lime is his favorite. He gets all mellow and calms down.. Pet supply makers want you to believe that only pet products are the best for your pet. Read a bottle of pet shampoo and a bottle of human shampoo. almost the same stuff Just like all shampoos for human are pretty much the same. some smell better than others and some cost more than others..Use your shampoo on your dog/s they will be fineAm I really not supposed to wash my dogs with my shampoo?
Dogs and humans have a different pH. So, human shampoo doesn't necessarily hurt dogs but it isn't exactly good for them, either. It's best to use shampoo specifically made for dogs. I use Hydra-Pearls on my dogs, which actually smells very good.
People shampoo strips too much oil from a dogs coat, giving them dry itchy skin.
you really shouldnt wash them with your shampoo. i use to wash my dogs with my shampoo, then when they were all dry they would constantly itch themselves and get rashes. and their fur would shed a little bit more then usual.





we bought just regular dog shampoo, it lasts forever, its like 5 bucks, you only have to use a little bit and it makes them smell really good.
It has to be doggy shampoo
The best would be dog shampoo. These shampoos are formulated to preserve the skin and coat of the dog. Our shampoos are too acidic for them. If you are going to use human shampoo, baby shampoo is the ONLY shampoo I would recommend. If you like the smell of your shampoo, consider getting a finishing grooming spray that smells like your shampoo to use on your dogs.
I think people shampoo dries out their fur and skin. Its best to find some type of dog shampoo that you like or can at least live with.
Dont use human shampoo on dogs! It can cause all sorts of skin problems. U can get nice smelling dog shampoos anyway...
For heaven's sake. I bathe my dogs with Dawn DISHSOAP sometimes if they have a lot of body oil because it stinks. Their skin gets oiliest when they don't feel like drinking a lot of water, like when the weather is bad they don't get outside and they don't hydrate themselves as much so their skin makes more oil to hold water in. Then I have to bathe them with Dawn and tempt them with refrigerated water instead of tap. But I usually use human shampoo on them -- baby shampoo w/ conditioner on the long-haired one because it makes her coat silky. Baby shampoo doesn't seem to sting their eyes, either. Unless your dog has a skin problem, I see no reason why you have to buy special shampoo. Except maybe baby shampoo.
Only wash with SPECIAL DOG SHAMPOS...from your vet or someplace DOG FRIENDLY...also make sure your dog can get baths...





REMEMBER....NEVER WALK A DOG OUTSIDE IF THEY HAVE HAD A BATH WITHIN THE HOUR.





sicknesses occur rapidly
Mostly watch for the alcohol content. Ours has some, and it dries out their skin. On certain breeds it can wreak havoc.


I've heard of plenty of people doing it, just watch for really bad/painful skin afterward.
I don't think it would hurt your dog to wash it with your shampoo, however it is probably better if you bought a shampoo specially made for dogs.
Human products can dry out a dogs' skin. Some of the chemicals can also cause irritation. Dog shampoo (you can get some lovely-smelling ones - try looking at a good pet store or pet boutique) or baby shampoo is best.
It HAS to be doggie shampoo. Dogs have different skin and hair than people and your shampoo will dry out your dog's skin and fur and make him itch. I like Avoderm shampoo for my dogs.





Dogs have very sensitive noses, and I expect your dog would prefer to smell like a dog and not like a flower.
JEEEEEZZZ...........who ever told you you could not wash your dog with HUMAN shampoo......they lied.........there is nothing in there that will harm you...much less your dog.......just make sure the PH balance is normal for human use.

No comments:

Post a Comment