Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Is it really possible to only use a quarter-sized amount of shampoo?!?

I used to use WAY more than that - like as much as my hand would hold. But the beautician told me that I was using way too much and I should only use a quarter-sized amount!





My hair is pretty long. How in the world is this possible? If I only use that amount, I cannot even get it to suds up at all, and I can only get a little shampoo on just the spot where I first put it, and I cannot get it all over even the scalp, let alone on all the hair that hangs down.Is it really possible to only use a quarter-sized amount of shampoo?!?
your shampoo doesn't have to get all super sudsy to clean.





rub the shampoo between your hands.....get it on the scalp as much as possible...add some water.....lather it up. you really just have to wash your scalp. squeeze the lather through the rest of your hair.





done and done.Is it really possible to only use a quarter-sized amount of shampoo?!?
I don't think that it is possible especially with long hair..its just a guideline plus unless your beautician is buying the shampoo its your choice to use as much or as little as you damn want to!
maybe for a guy but I am like you I have long thick hair my husband jokes that i use half a bottle at a time.
Your beautician is crazy
It's possible with the very high quality shampoos that cost a lot of money. If you buy the more economical brands, like I do, you will have to use more. I have long hair too.
it depends which shampoo you use! Some cheap shampoo are already thined. At the moment I use one, only a quarter of a teaspoon full is more efficient then a handfull of the cheap one!
Well for what kind of shampoo do you use. A quality shampoo that usually just sold in salons are way more concentrated than what you get from a store.


Think about how they wash your hair first they wet it then they shut the sprayer off . Then they apply the shampoo in there hands they start Lathering it up first in there hands then apply to your hair.


A quarter size can work but for some one with pretty long hair is allot more difficult when you doing it your self.
I live in the Southern part of the United States and the water here is called ';soft'; because there isn't much calcium, magnesium, and other such minerals in the water here. When you have ';soft'; water, only a drop of shampoo will lather up into a softball size of bubbles, and if you use a quarter-size amout of shampoo you will have at least a one gallon bucket of bubbles. From your description of the lack of bubble lathering, it sounds as if you may have ';hard'; water with all of those minerals that prevent bubble formation.





Suggestion:


A good way to get the shampoo to form bubbles is to aerate the shampoo with an egg beater along with a little bit of water in a small container before adding it to your head to clean your hair.
not with my hair. that's just the recommended amount. most people use more.
The Article titled '; The Right Amount'; is short simple and addresses your question perfectly. According to the article your hair actually takes more than a quarter sized amount. A little less than a tablespoon is actually the right amount for your length of hair says Jamie about.com's beauty resident.

No comments:

Post a Comment