Monday, July 26, 2010

I saw an ad for shampoo made for long hair. Is this really necessary?

My hair is about 1/2 way down my back because I am going to donate it , was wondering if the long hair shampoo would make it healthier?I saw an ad for shampoo made for long hair. Is this really necessary?
I honestly don't think it matters, my hair is that length too and I don't use a special shampoo like that.I saw an ad for shampoo made for long hair. Is this really necessary?
sometimes it helps split end control, but you could also just use a damage control shampoo. long hair shampoo is not nessecary, they just try and make you spend money.
I don't really think so. If you're talking about the Clairol ad, the stuff smells amazing! The important thing is, if you're donating it, is to make sure it's not fried. I would use a leave-in conditioner for that, which the long hair clairol line DOES have and it works well.
I have long hair too, and i only recently switched to long hair shampoo. i find my hair has been heaps healthier, shinier and i get tons less split ends. I think the main point of long hair shampoo is to reduce the amount of damage to the ends [which long hair is more prone too]
its made to strengthen hair/ prevent split ends. you really don't need long hair shampoo, you could just use strengthening shampoo to achieve the same affect. but no, its not nessesary.


btw, thats SO cool that your donating your hair :) very respectable!
Shampoos like that are just meant to cause less breakage and things of that nature so hair grows longer a little more efficiently. You don't need it to have long hair or maintain healthiness, but you do want your hair to be healthy and look its best if you're going to donate it. Any decent shampoo should do it, though. (Especially if they're formulated for less breakage and strength, things like that)
there's no such thing as shampoo specifically for long hair
i got long hair conditioner on sale at target. it was made by herbal essence. it is a little thicker then the damage control one, and has a protein ingrediant the damage control conditioner didn't. not sure yet if it really helps but for 99 cents it was worth trying :)





hope that helps :)
sometimes it helps split end control, but you could also just use a damage control shampoo. long hair shampoo is not nessecary, they just try and make you spend money.

No comments:

Post a Comment