Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Is Hartz Shampoo bad for my dog?

I know Hartz flea products are really bad for pets but what about there shampoo?Is Hartz Shampoo bad for my dog?
Hartz is a horrible product...You want a good shampoo that is not drying to your dog skin a non soap based shampoo and one that dose not have alcohol in it.. I had a Pom that all most died from that brand....I use Tropiclean products in my grooming salon...www.tropiclean.net..Is Hartz Shampoo bad for my dog?
I would go to your groomer and have them recommend a shampoo for your dog. I did use the fleas stuff on a terrier mix dog and she got really sick, so I won't even use any of their products ever again. That has been like 30 years ago.





Mickey_ Don't say you are a vet when you are not. All we have to do is see all of the other answers you write and never in the Dog section, and you can't spell. You can harm someone if they take your word for something, so stop it.
Why the hell would a company that spends millions of dollars trying to engineer products specifically for pets actually, or knowingly, produce one that's bad for them? They have directions on the label for the use of the applications and shampoos. If there's something wrong with your dog's coat... or even its fleas... the problem is not Hartz... it's yours.
I know you're probably looking for a quick fix for flea shampoo but that's definitely the wrong choice. I worked in a vet clinic/hospital for e few years and if I were you just from what I've seen, just go to your local vet and get some flea preventative or ask them the best shampoo that's in your price range that won't cause any harm to your dog. Hartz is known for causing many health problems. Why they still sell the stuff I have no clue. But to keep your pet happy and healthy, stay away from it!! A loving pitbull breeder for 10 yrs. (And have never used it on my dogs, the risk is too high)
never used it but personally, i use the best of the best on my


';kids.'; i have 4 german shephard/husky mix (2 pups) and highly recommend ';the royal treatment'; products. all natural, lasting scent, no harmfull side-effects, and affordable. i purchased a 1 liter of honey banana oatmeal about a year ago. ive bathed them once a month, and im barely at half the bottle! definitely check it out, you wont be disappointed!
I would think that their non flea products would be reasonably safe. Personally I would go with human baby shampoo rather than Hartz products just because I think it would save you money. My favorite dog shampoo is the DVM Pharmaceuticals HyLyt shampoo. It's fairly expensive but the bottle will last you forever unless you are bathing your dog every week (which you shouldn't).
Anything relating to any product possible that is made by Hartz is bad for Dogs! or anything that inhabits this earth!
I am a vet and i have had several cilents with issues of the hartz products. It has caused many harms to animals such as hair loss, vomiting, allergic reactions, surgery, posioning and almost death. I personally would not use it but if you feel strongly about it, you can. Here is the website of it:


http://www.hartz.com/index.asp?fp=1





I hope I helped!
I use all their stuff never had one problem,even the drops for fleas--vet says what ever works ,Phoenix is a spoiled brat-bathed -dipped-heartguard once a month and ever since they had all the recall stuff I cook his own food too !!! add garlic to food for fleas works good.
Hartz ingredients are bad.....they use similar ingredients in all their products. See this link for info on them, they are specifically named, among others.





http://www.nrdc.org/health/effects/pets/鈥?/a>
I have used it, the puppy kind, and it had worked fine with my dogs. Just make sure to rinse it all off to prevent itching and drying of the skin.
wow, this is really news to me, I've never heard anything bad about their products... very informative!!
ive used Hartz products and i have never heard they were bad for your pets...

No comments:

Post a Comment